Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
So pretty much a bad flu?
Everyone in my family had different symptoms. My younger sister who is 22 had zero symptoms but tested positive. My mom who is 61 and a recent cancer survivor (got her 1 year clearance a few months ago) had no respiratory issues, but high fever, stomach problems, lots of body pain, and dizziness. My father is 56, in very good physical shape (he is a fitness nerd and eats well), and he had lots of chest congestion, coughing, high fever, loss of breath, migraines, etc. He was the first one to get it and seems to be the slowest one to recover.

I had similar to my dad but with stomach pain, lower back pain, and my legs hurt really bad. Bad enough where even with Tylenol it was difficult to sleep. I would say this is definitely dangerous for some people, especially those with immune deficiencies. A few years ago I had the flu for a week straight with 103 fever. I was very stressed, working too many hours, and sleeping very little, so my immune system was weak at the time. This was worse than that. The most notable difference is that even though I haven't had a fever for a week, and I'm back at work, I get winded after walking up a flight of stairs. Docs told me this can last for a couple weeks afterward. This was never the case with any of the times I've had the flu. I consider myself to be in pretty decent shape, I'm 30, 150lbs, lift weights daily, and take immune supplements with 4000 IU vitamin D3, lots of Vitamin C, and Zinc.

I definitely recommend that people take care of their immune system, because I personally think we will all get this at some point. My family was being pretty careful because of my mom's medical history, and we still got it. I think genetics play a big role in how badly people get sick with this. My friend is a nurse and knows of a 102 year old woman who kicked this in 3 days with little symptoms, and a 20 something year old athlete who is still not back to 100% after a month.
Appreciate 1