03-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #32
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STK View Post
I can see five reasons why someone would go for a M240i although I prefer the M2:

1) It's available (and discounted)
2) you can affordably lease the M240i because the residuals aren't insanely low
3) you can get it in AWD which has proved quite popular
4) you want more daily drivability.
5) you want the ability to configure the car including colors and options.

The last two will be debated, but many of the side-by-side reviews note the more compliant ride and the list of options unavailable on the M2. Obviously, the folks on this thread disagree, want the features in the M2 unavailable on the M240i, and are willing to wait for them. That said, with these five reasons I can see why some folks would prefer the M240i. Let's not be haters.
Definitely not a hater as the m240 is a fantastic car. My huge confusion comes down to dollars. There are some who would pick the M2 over the M4 price being the same. I would pick the M4 optioned out if it was the same price. Not quite the same thing but I think you see what I'm trying to express. The AWD thing I get but the rest I don't. To me and it's subjective the M2 kills in every category and the value for money is above and beyond even a discounted m240i. Driveability I would have to argue as I have driven both and own an M2 and it handles like a dream even on my piss poor pot holed roads from hell that belong in a war torn third world country.

Personally I would peg the M240 has worth $7k less than the M2 loaded. Or the M2 at $7k more. Equal even with the reasons above I'm still very much
Appreciate 0