View Single Post
      06-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #9
toy4speed
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

Back from my autocross event, nice fairly flowing course, rather short, about 30+ secs, concrete surface. Moved the Hotchkis front bar to #4 hole (#1 being stiffest), after last event with significant understeer. Today the car turned much better, well balanced, with tire pressures at 34 psi frt/ 32 psi rear. Had a bit of rear tire spin on power exiting turns, not bad, but with the front turning so well, might try to stiffen the front bar very slightly to try to help plant the rear better on power exit. My thought is to try one bar end at #4, the other bar end at #3. Really don't expect to be changing the bar much more, although I wouldn't mind a little less leaning in transitions.

The other issue that occurred at the autox was I got a warning just before my 2nd run that tire pressure may be low, the TPMS sensor system doing its job. I was already in line to run, so took the lap, and it was an awful feeling! I usually run with DSC totally off (no nannies!), and this lap was like all the nannies and gremlins came back into the car. Couldn't power around turns, braking was modulated, thought I was going to miss a turn. I had to drive around the paddock a bit to reset the tire pressue system, took some time, annoying, then all was fine. I thought I had reset my system at home for about 31 psi before the event, thinking that was good for a range of tire pressure adjustments, but guess I messed that up. I like having tire pressure info available, otherwise I would pull the TPMS sensors out. I heard the car would run ok, and default to comfort mode with DSC totally off. Not a bad thing either.

My autox run:

Appreciate 0