04-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #31
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I am getting worried that we will have no options for paint protection by the time the car is released on April 16th. XPEL and Suntek both don't have patterns cut yet, and I don't really want to pay triple for a "custom" installer to cut the film with a knife while it's on my car.

I am picking my car up from a dealer that is a solid hour away...I might sink to doing track film from XPEL as a temporary solution.
I have an HEA car sitting at the port so I'm hopeful that I'll get my car on/around 4/16. I have been talking to XPEL for over a month and, currently, my car will be the car from which the template is made. That's, of course, pending delivery as expected and that I am willing to part with the car for at least a week.

This is a quote from one of my emails:

Quote:
I spoke with our design team, and it sounds like yours will be the first they’ll get to lay hands on. Please allow us 7-10 business days to install on your car; typically we need 5-7 for install only, but we’ll need it a couple extra for design to complete their work before we can start.
Appreciate 0