04-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #9
pizza240
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Counting down the days until I get mine!

I'm really starting to wonder if I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it than the GT4. There's no doubt in my mind that the GT4 sounds better, handles better, and is more refined, BUT on a daily basis, I'm starting to really suspect that I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the M2C.

Here's why:

- Less exotic (less worried about putting mileage on the car, roadtrips!)
- More oversteer happy/much easier to control in slides (suspected)
- Not worried about parking it anywhere
- Less flashy
- More comfortable seats (although I do love the carbon buckets)
- Can drive it in the winter, on camping trips, etc.
- Can fit more than one other person for short drives

Same goes for a GT2RS. It's a much wilder car than the M2C, but where are you going to use that on a daily basis?! If you don't live in Germany (near the Autobahn and the Nurburgring), what are you really going to do with it? I guess the answer is you have many other cars, and take it to big track days a few times a year, but it has way too much power for the road. I feel like even 300hp is pushing it.

Don't get me wrong, when I finish a day at Mosport or Watkins Glen, I LOVE the GT4 – but most of the time it sits in my garage, or I'm sitting in IT in traffic, waiting patiently to accelerate to 100km/h.
Just to add to your excitement... from a guy who drives both:
M2C is more enjoyable on the road but it's not as "visceral" of an experience as the GT4. I wish the M2 had that steering feel!

M2C has oversteer everywhere and is more controllable, yes. On a slight bend you may occasionally want to floor it to feel the tail step out (predictably). GT4 does this too, but not to the same extent.

I drive the M2C everywhere. It's not much less practical (aside from the RWD) than a typical 2er or 4er. Mine's a daily driver; it's hilarious in the snow. My only wish is that it had the same traction off the line as my old M240ix. MDM is really good in the snow.
GT4's long gearing isn't noticeable on the track but it's frustrating (to me) on the streets. I wish I could rev higher more often since it likes to live above 4500rpm.
M2 is alive around 3000rpm AND it has shorter gearing. It might be fun with the GT4's gearing since it has so much torque, comparatively.
M2 is nicer on highways. No drone at all in efficient mode. Feels faster the GT4, to me. No need to downshift (but you will).
I got the M2C because it's a more appropriate car to drive every day (while being more driver-focused than the M240ix). It's not a track car.
Appreciate 3
dmboone254972.00
Robin_NL8714.50