View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 06:29 AM   #155
beppeM3+123d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 dct + 123d e81

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
ok kids...finally got around to installing these today. Took me about an hour/hour and fifteen. Watched the video as I did the drivers side so it took a bit longer...also thanks to qnet for helpful posts on this thread. Fitment is good, no gaps around LED signal, Driver side (LHD) "wingtip" is only slightly further from the A-pillar than the passenger side, no whistling at slow or fast speeds (as far as I can tell - my car is VERY LOUD!!)

Some tips:

1. when putting the mirror back together, put the glass/mirror in last. video says to put the cover on last, but then you can't see the alignment for the tabs, and you can't make sure they are inserted all the way and locked - because the mirror is blocking your view.
2. as some have said, when putting the cover on, make sure the bottom most tab is in the slot and then put cover on by lining it up and applying pressure from the "wing" (window side) out to the far side. Much easier to get it all lined up. double check to make sure the tabs are locked correctly -use needle nose pliers
3. think someone said it, but don't tighten the rear screw (holding the bottom bezel) all the way at first - leave it a bit loose so you can make sure you have everything lined up correctly from the front side first.
4. The most IMPORTANT screw is the lower/outer screw. Get all the screws in there respective places but tighten this one FIRST! then do the rear screw (bottom bezel), then top outer, then bottom inner, then top inner and leave the bottom middle for last.. then go back and tighten them all again in that same order, just to be sure lol.

Other than that, all the advice in this thread is good. I was concerned reading some of the posts and the fact that AutoID Jack has had to give some tips, but this is totally doable by yourself if you have the right tools. (T-10 torx head being the key one). On to the pics.
Check the right mirror, the cover seems not fitted in one lock up to the blinker, or is a problem of fitting?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0