BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Thanks - that's good to hear that some like yourself have had no issues at all with the BT controller.
It has started to make me think it could have been a defective batch or possible improvements were made to a revised version (believe changes were made to the drainage and for the cold start rattle).

Do you know if you have a revised version of the exhaust? Ie did you ever have the cold start rattle or can you see you've now got the drainage hole in the muffler?
I have the revised version. Had cold start rattle for the first 1-2 seconds of start up, but do not have it anymore. From what I recall, it went away on it's own after a few days.

The revised version has a different exhaust clamp that attaches to the stock section. People were saying that that helped get rid of cold start vibration. Other's have said welding the exhaust in solved it for them. Other said replacing the tips solved it for them... I don't believe BMW sells the same carbon tips anymore, so if it's the tips that cause it, it might not exist anymore because of that. I'm not even sure BMW still sells the MPE, I know it doesn't show up on their website.
Ah cools - maybe the revised version has resolves the bugs like the BT issues which quite a few people here seem to experience.

My dealer here in Australia says they're still available to order but will need to be shipped in from overseas - maybe left over stock?
I'm looking to get a second hand exhaust - can't quite stomach the cost of the thing brand new. So here's hoping I can find the so called V2 updated MPE.
Appreciate 0