BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Has anyone work out any other way to control the MPE valves besides using the BT controller?

I'm thinking of getting the MPE but seems like there's are quite a few issues with the BT controller! Has anyone worked out if it was a defect with earlier model of the exhaust / controller?

Also - is there a portion of MPE owners that have had next to zero issues with their BT controller or is it just a given they all play up (some more than others)?
All I can say is that in 2.5 years of owning the MPE I have not had an issue with the BT controller not working or the valves closing on their own.

The only "issue" I have is that the battery in the controller dies once a year for me. Which I attribute to leaving it in my car and the summer heat killing it.
Thanks - that's good to hear that some like yourself have had no issues at all with the BT controller.
It has started to make me think it could have been a defective batch or possible improvements were made to a revised version (believe changes were made to the drainage and for the cold start rattle).

Do you know if you have a revised version of the exhaust? Ie did you ever have the cold start rattle or can you see you've now got the drainage hole in the muffler?
Appreciate 0