View Single Post
      04-30-2019, 10:34 AM   #95
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmarc View Post
Thanks for your input! I don't doubt that the 235 can be effective, but the feel that you're describing is what I'm after. Well, that and a manual transmission. definitely not worried about chasing numbers or seconds on a track. I really thought that I could put up with my car being an automatic... I was wrong. I did get a great deal on it when I bought it, so no regrets here. I really think that my way forward is to enjoy my car as it is now, and to focus on saving toward an M2 upgrade in manual. Would definitely love to grab an '18 LCI model... we'll see.
Yeah, the 6MT is fun as hell, regardless if it's in the M235/M240 or M2. It's the same exact gearbox afterall. I wouldn't pump more money into your M235 8AT because the 6MT will always be on your mind and if you like the M2 and can handle the slightly more raw feel, it's the way to go for sure. I'm screwed because I've got a lightweight 6MT M235 and I go back and forth on what to do LOL