View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

1) Been a BMW guy my whole life. One of my first memories was of a Henna Red E30 M3 when I was about 5 years old. Also succinctly remember seeing a green 850i E31 back in the day and absolutely being in love. I rated it as high as the Countach and F40. My passion for BMW's is the reason I became a mechanical engineer and currently work in the auto industry.

My first BMW was my first car, and it was an E46 328i sedan, with a 5MT and sport package. I learned to wrench on that car.

2) No regrets, as I've never sold any of the M's I've ever bought (E36 M3, E92 M3 and Z4M Roadster). First one was the E92 M3 and I'm coming up on 9 years of ownership with 0 desire to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Q1:
I remember being 9 or 10 sitting in traffic staring out the window of my moms car and seeing a blacked out E46m3 flying down the emergency lane wide open in true BMW form.

That was the first time bmw's stuck out for me, because the crazy sound and it being the first set of LED taillights I had seen. It was just so unbelievably badass to me.

15 years later I rode in a friends gutted e36 325 up a twisty road and he smoked a brand new three series in a technical passing zone where both of them were pushing it scary hard.

That's when I realized e36's were actually worth their salt.

Next day I bough my first e36 m3

Q2: My only regret is not using my money to invest more aggressively rather than blow thousands on mods.
Oh and selling my e36.. HUGE mistake
Gorgeous E36 you had. I've been reading on a lot of sub-forums with threads like this, and so many people started off with the E36 M3, and just as many people say they still regret selling theirs.

I've got a Techno Violet M3 Coupe that I bought in 2013. There's been a few times I've considered letting it go and replacing it with a LBB M2C 6MT. I never grew up worshipping the E36 (was more of an E30 and E46 kind of a guy), but every time I drive this car, it always charms the hell out of me.

While things may change, these are the 3 options I'm looking at in a few years
1) Keep all M's, add F87
2) Keep all M's, add G87 if it's the last manuals offered
3) Sell E36 M3, add an M2 of some kind
4) Implode the collection, keep 1 M and get a Porsche of some kind

Oh the joys of being a car guy
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
smknjoe234.00
JggyM228.50