View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Car was new with 1000 miles under its belt. I wasn’t able to see any other work from that shop. I trusted the recommendation of the local BMW dealership a little too much, I suppose. The shop pushed back my pickup a day because they had to redo the bumper XPel.
Ok, I just took a really, really close look at mine. They did custom cutting / fitting everywhere except the front bumper which is pretty complicated. If you look close enough on mine you can see edges and I have a spot that took a hard rock hit pre-PPF and that still looks like PPF over missing paint. Mine probably looks good from 6 inches to a foot away. Stick your face against the paint and it looks like it has PPF. My shop removed the front lip, grill, lights, etc, which made the PPF install easier.

It's hard to tell from your pictures but most of the cost can be in the prep work - especially if the car is not new. I'm not sure your shop did a good job before the PPF application. PPF won't look perfect and even less so if the prep work was not done well - you will have to decide what level is acceptable. I paid through the nose to get the paint looking good again before install.

My installer also did a one month check where they looked at the ceramic coating and PPF to check for any issues and fix where needed. This is where they could address any edges that are coming up or other fitment issues.

Last edited by redgs4; 10-06-2020 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0