View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Huge gear indicator (and water temp) as simple app! Yaaay!

I drive a M2 -16 DCT. When on track I don't need a gear indicator. And I definitely don't need a gear indicator while accelerating. But on the road doing down shifts at semi lower rpms I sometimes get confused on how many gears I should go down if I want to get into the engines sweetspot right away.

That's when I'd like a BIG gear indicator that I can see in the corner of my eye, because when approaching a corner to push through I really don't want to take my eyes of the road.

So... there's hardware you can buy, a LED indicator hooked up to the OBD2 port, for decent money. But I found the perfect thing (for me!) A plugin to the Android Torque Pro app. It's called RacingMeter for Torque Pro. At a first glance it seems to be a fancy flashy Shift Light app. Which I have no need for whatsoever. But I bought it and fiddled with the settings and got exactly what I wanted!

It even shows the water temp.

(yeah, no oil temp yet, I've contacted the maker to see what he can do :-)

I've made a very clean interface for myself with a huge gear indicator that I can see in the corner of my eye. I also added speed and water temp but you can of course tweak it the way you want it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meterfortorque

You can also have text on the screen showing that the upper right number is speed and the lower right is water temp but I wanted an uncluttered screen and hid that.

PS: I did a search and couldn't find that this app was posted already. If it is I appologize.
Attached Images

Last edited by MagnusT; 10-16-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0