View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I feel like you can usually find a dealer that won't charge much over MSRP even if the demand is high. You may have to travel a bit to do so, however.
Well worth it though. You just have to shop around. There are definitely a few guys that found dealers that let them pay MSRP to have one of the first M3/4s in the country. Even now, half a year or so later, there's plenty of people that payed a couple of thousand over invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
It's the M235i's price that makes me think that a 48K starting point is impossible, but who knows, maybe the M2 won't be that much of a step up over the M235i in terms of cost to produce.
Yea I think it's highly unlikely too. But what if BMW went to this lineup?:
228i, 235i and M2.

I don't think that's completely out of the question. If that is the case, they could technically move the 235i price down compared to the M235i, and then have the M2 come in the high 40s, very low 50s. I don't think that's completely far fetched. They have always said that the M2 is supposed to be the entry level for younger people to the M brand.

Do you remember how Chris Harris was raving about M135i hatchback, and how you could get a powerful I6 for the price of what most cars with 4 pots are going for? Imagine if BMW did that with the M2, undercutting the RS3 and CLA45AMG price.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1