View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #96
mnbrennan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M Coupe; 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
It was for me coming from a DCT F80 ZCP. I loved that car and the looks and the dimensions, but the ride was super rough on the 20s and I got bored pretty quickly due to the lack of manual transmission (didn't feel as glorious as I was hoping and I wasn't connected to it as much as I was my wife's non-ZCP DCT F80 but that's was more because we did ED in that car).

The manual transmission on my M2C I believe has a big impact on my connection to the car and how I feel about this car. I think I would not like it as much/be bored to death in the DCT version (though DCT is faster).

What I have noticed is that if it has a manual, that is all I am doing/paying attention to and it reminds me it's a machine that I am in control of. With a DCT I get bored while driving and start focusing on this little nit or that little nit that I don't like about the car bc I have nothing to do when I am in it (focus taken away from the actual driving experience).

Not 100% sure I wouldn't have gotten rid of the F80 if it was a manual, because I do love the M2C wheelbase and dynamics, but maybe I would have held onto it longer or liked it a bit more.
Pretty much the reason that I've ordered an M2

I had an M3 DCT (E93) in April last year. The engine was glorious but for some reason I didn't really gel with it. I think that was down to a DCT box plus a longer wheelbase. My keeper is a Z3M Coupe.

Don't get me wrong, I think the DCT box is a marvel of modern engineering - it's exceptional. But it does come at the price of connection to the car - as in I AM IN CONTROL.

The wheelbase thing is that I like a darty car.

I parted that out for a Mini Challenge 210, but quickly realised I like a RWD car

I'm really excited for my M2 to come - BSM, Manual, big brakes (standard in the UK) and sunroof. Paired with the 763M gold wheels it will be lovely
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00