01-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #241
scarygary
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino355 View Post
Have just trawled through this entire thread as I have an issue with my setup

AA EL (non res) have used it both with stock muffler and a Remus Race.

Both set ups sound RIDICULOUS on cold start, both sound almost identical with the Remus being noticeably louder. They both rattle like **** on cold start but once warmed up this noise is no longer present.

I have to say either set up sounds amazing on the move and is by far the best sounding S55 I’ve heard, I also detest the ball sack/cow udder OEM muffler so an aftermarket solution had to be found.

The Remus is too loud for me and I am trying an Eisenmann next and hoping it’s more akin to the OEM muffler in volume (at least on cold start)

All of this aside (I love the AA EL sound) my issue is with clearance as I get rubbing against the heatshield, it’s SO tight under there and my mechanic can’t see anyway of adjusting any of this.

I get a rubbing sound at low rpm on idle and at low revs when pulling away from a standstill as well as cornering (at low rpms), all refinement is gone with this noise and it’s really irritating me now.

I did read somewhere that AA mentioned something about a floating flange needing to be tightened first (left pipe I believe) but I can’t see how that would make any difference?

We are fitting the Eisenmann tomorrow and are removing and refitting the AA EL again and will try the left pipe with FF first to see if that helps.

I have a couple of start up videos I will upload for the OEM/AA EL and the Remus Race/AA EL if anyone is interested. Will of course take one with the Eisenmann too (I’m hoping the latter is the sweet spot in both volume and looks!)
There is a bracket for the underbody panel probably 1-2 feet from downpipe flange. Thats likely the turning rattle I think
Appreciate 0