Rep
Drives: Only BMW's Ja

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
2017 M3 Comp  [0.00]
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYACTIVE View Post
...As to why the M2C has a different sound than the F8X, the answer is the length, the pipe itself and the connector pipes are shorter. The stock systems also sound different. However I have personally driven several M2C's with different combinations, res and non res, cat and no cat and all conclusions is the cold start is horrible and there is no fix except to code out cold start or wait till car warms up, only a few minutes. If you absolutely want no rasp or tin sound drive it in efficient mode when driving easy and open valves when driving aggressively, Mike already stated this.
The EL midpipe for the M2C is flawed IMO and I think you perhaps just confirmed that for us based on your own personal experience with it above. Does that mean it's a crappy product and nobody should purchase one, not at all, as it actually sounds fantastic outside of those first few minutes during start up and much better overall than stock obviously. However, as one of the first people to have purchased one I would've appreciated this same level of transparency from your company beforehand, during the initial release, because none of this info was shared with the BMW community until a few of us here actually started sharing our own personal experience with it once installed. Just my 2 cents...
Appreciate 0