View Single Post
      11-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #5
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperrift View Post
I was also surprised that if there were scratches they were never fixed or even mentioned.

I did take it back to him and he agreed there were clear coat scratches and that he would be happy to take it back and work on it again, but he also mentioned not wanting to "burn" the paint or something.

Now I'm not sure about how risky it is to have him remove the ceramic and fix the clear coat, I'd hate to have it go poorly and end up worse than it is now.

For the instrument cluster, not even sure there is a fix at all.. I guess I could ask them to pay to have it replaced?

I'm just a little bummed out after paying a fair amount to see it come back with scratches like this, feels like attention to detail was not at the level I expected for that price, and my only remedy seems to be having the same place try to fix it.
Wow that's not acceptable at all. It looks like a poor prep. Paint should have zero imperfections before coating. I took my car straight from the dealership delivery truck to my detailer for ceramic and even brand new cars can use a bit of polishing. I'd be asking for it to be fixed. If they don't feel comfortable fixing without "burning" the paint then a refund and taking to a better shop is warranted. Gauge cluster looks awful! That should absolutely be exchanged for a new one. I couldn't bear to look at those scratches every day I got in my car without getting pissed off.

Sorry you're going through this man.

Appreciate 1
smknjoe234.00