BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
I spoke to an experienced paint guy and he was actually against Xpel. He said that color of panels with vs. without Xpel will look different after few years when the Xpel is removed.

Also he said that sometimes the Xpel removal itself can damage the paint. That is something unpredictable.

Did anyone here experience the same?
Nonsense...

Based on my experience, the only ways Xpel or essentially any quality PPF removal could damage paint is if installed on a poorly repainted panel without time for the (repainted) paint section to cure or the person removing the film does not know what they are doing (i.e. forcefully pulling the film from the panel). I have never heard of anyone complaining of paint color changing because of the film and know of many people who have had film removed after 10+ years after extensive racking and countless hours in direct hot sun with no issues. Sounds like your experienced paint guy may not be experienced with PPF. It's not like what a vinyl front bra left on the car for years would do to paint. If you really have questions, contact Xpel, Scotchgard, or Suntek.

My previous 2010 GT3 had PPF removed after 8+ years and Xpel Ultimate installed. The paint was flawless beneath with no discoloration between panels.
Thanks!
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0