View Single Post
      05-01-2017, 03:22 AM   #191
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Button in the boot it a Health & Safety thing. No retards here. In the UK at least there are rules on how load your exhaust can be (it's actually quite load so don't go getting your panties in a bunch just yet) and one way for BMW lawyers to say they have taken due care is to install the red button. Track mode is well TRACK mode. It's not intended for use on the public highway....

Now I know you all want to but like the drift mode on the focus RS the manufactures needs to indemnify themselves from stupidity.

By making you start the car, get out, open the boot and press the button it should make it prohibitive enough for one to go into TRACK mode on a whim.... what you do with the button is your business. If you want to modify and run it into the cabin so be it. If you want to solder the two wires together then you can. The red button only enables the Bluetooth so if you want to control it from say an Awron you can.
I disagree. This complication will incentivise people to pull the valve plug out from the exhaust and keep it always in track mode. Either this or find a way to bypass this "Health & Safety" measure. No one is paying a bucket of cash for an exhaust that becomes a chore to enable. And even if they are legally bound to do this, they should clearly state the mechanism to users that ordered it. It's a major deal breaker. If BMW was transparent about this I (and many other people) would have bought another aftermarket exhaust.
Appreciate 0