View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #135
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
The 24 hours encompassed the production of both scoops and both hose interfaces. We used a .8 nozzle with 100% density for strength.

For the M3, if I had to do it again, I’d move the holes for the zip ties a little farther away from the control arm and add a little more “lip” to the opening for stability.

I’m trying to decide if I have the courage and resources to do a side-by-side comparison of the ducts versus the Porsche scoops. The ducts require some kind of backing plate to be installed and I don’t think I want to be pulling calipers and rotors off as my track time ticks away.
I'm going to take back what I said. These scoops are a damn good design incorporating some really intelligent design cues.

I've run into a challenge, though. Mine are rubbing on the wheel body when turning full lock. Its not bad, but enough to leave evidence on the ducts.

We tried changing the design to incorporate a little more room where the wheel is contacting, but we can't get the program to let us edit it effectively. Is there a more "original" file we could try?

Also, I got my hands on a second set of Porsche front scoops and they fit beautifully on the rear with zero cutting. The air goes directly at the caliper and rotor where I cut the shield.

Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50