VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Hi all,

I will be returning a 540i in June. I have never leased before and want to get some insight as to what to expect. The car will be returned well under mileage. it is pristine with the exception of (red face ) one wheel was curbed. Has original tires (except one - not the result of the curb) and no major work done.

I may purchase or lease another BMW. Wondering how to handle this. And what am I going to be dinged for the wheel?

Would probably make the change tomorrow if they want to waive the rest of the lease and put me in a new X5 or X7. Well assuming the market doesn't tank too much more.
How bad is the curb rash? If it’s a huge rash, there are chances they might charge you for it. If it isn’t that big, they probably won’t do anything. In the BMWs we have returned, we’ve never had any rashes or scratches so I can’t say for sure. But in my last A4, there was a rash that was 2 inches long but they didn’t say anything about it since the rest of the car was perfect. I’m assuming BMW might be similar. If you’re worried, you can take it to a rim shop and ask them to fix it. Should be less than $100 to fix it. Or you can go in early and ask the dealer their opinion. If they say there’s a chance you can be dinged, ask them how much they’ll charge to fix it and then shop around and get it fixed. You have more than enough time to get it fixed.
Also, if you plan on buying another BMW, they might go easy on you since you’re a prospective customer and they don’t want to lose you to another brand.

With regards to your tyre. Was it a RFT? If so, does the replacement have the BMW star on it? I’ve read about bmw making a fuss when the tyre doesn’t have a star, even if it’s the same brand and model as the rest of the tyres on the car. Also, they will check tread level. I can’t remember the exact cut off (4/32?). But if it is below the cutoff, they’ll ding you for replacement tyres.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0