View Single Post
      11-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #73
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: M2

I had F30 328i a week ago until I decided to place order for M2 coupe, and here are the reasons behind.

First of all 4 years ago my dream car was 1M, but it was very hard to get it back then, and I didn't like few exterior bits about it.

In early 2013, I started to consider to get M135i as a budged sport car, and gave up on that idea after some time as again I didn't like the shape of it (it looked to common), + it didn't have a proper lsd.

Middle of 2014, I was about to place the order for M235i, but couldn't wait for 3 months delivery and took F30 328i M-sport and fully spec from the dealer with huge discount.

328i, made me happy with stage 1 tune on it, but I didn't like the car feel in the hard corners + it had ZF automatic. Driving it on the longer road trip was a blessing to be in it and I deeply enjoyed the overall comfort.

Few months ago, I started to look what would be ideal M-car for me.
M3&M4 were one of the options, but both of them are a little bit too pricey for my budget and I'm very irritated by ASD and how it sounds in general.
On top of that M3 looks very similar to F30, except front bumper, the standard equipment didn't offer to many things for the price I was suppose to pay and I just didn't feel that it was worth those bucks.

In one moment even Alpina B3/D4 got on my mind, but I couldn't order those easily from here.

A month ago, I even approached Audi dealer, and had a chance to check brand new AUDI RS3. The sounds of the exhaust note is amazing, but inside it felt like regular A3 to be honest. I didn't like the seating position, and the outside look was ok.

Looking at online reviews about RS3, many journalist agreed that it wasn't worth that money, and that Golf R is probably much better option, so I simply postpone the idea about maybe getting it.

Now, on 14th October when I heard the news about M2 launch and announced specs. I just knew that's what I wanted to have. Perfectly reshaped M235i per my taste, wider and more aggressive front bumper. M3/N4 suspension, M differential, M transmission, and N55 With most of the key parts from S55. Lets not forget about LBB color which is my favorite color.

So I didn't have to think twice, phoned the dealer, asked when I can have my M2 delivered and if swap is available.

We finished everything in few days, and now I'm sitting on this forum and counting days,hours, minutes until delivery...
Appreciate 0