View Single Post
      03-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #17
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Yeah, the idea of using that tilting lift without jack stands underneath would absolutely not happen. With the way the QuickJacks lock into place I am pretty comfortable in their safety, as long as the car is sitting safely balanced on the lift blocks then it is very stable.

I do store my QuickJack frames stored on the wall in the garage, they don't take up much space although I will admit they are really bloody heavy to lift onto the brackets I use to store them. I use some 75-100 lbs rated brackets solidly mounted into a solid 2x4 anchored through drywall into the stud wall of the garage.

I know that QuickJack have been able to arrange for a bunch of distribution in Canada now and the price has come down pretty well too. When I bought mine direct from QuickJack they were delivered by freight which was handy but it was quite pricey. Costco and Canadian Tire both seem to sell the QuickJacks from time-to-time with sales. Although I think they usually are more limited in the models they sell, I personally wanted the 12V version which is a bit rarer (and also was backordered when I bought and delayed delivery by 2-3 months).
Appreciate 1