Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea, some coupes are notoriously difficult to get a baby into. I use to witness a friend muscling his child into the tight back of his Eclipse and I felt his pain and discomfort.

After seeing that, I started pulling out..

J/k

OMG, I was eating cheesecake and actually spit some out laughing. Jesus!

You know, I honestly have been quite mystified at how angry some folks seem about the pricing of the M2CS
He he.. Sorry..

I believe all this animosity towards the CS stems from it hefty price now becoming a reality. It's simply out of reach for a lot of people, including myself and that translates into anger for them.

Folks assume that BMW owns them something for being a consumer but in Free Market, they only own it to their shareholders and heirs, to make a profit.

If they want to put together a "parts-bin" vehicle and price it above the norms, it's within their rights. And it's up to the consumer to vote with their wallet.

As they say, It's nothing personal..

The whole Porsche comparison also is asinine but I entertain it because an M car is above a standard BMW and a Porsche is like graduating to the next level, in terms of performance.

However, they're an apple to oranges in terms of price and practicality, If that's reason you originally gravitated towards a 2-series, 4 seater platform. For me it was more the price and size, I personally don't need the back seats, so a transition a a 2 seater won't be that detrimental. Some potential consumers doesn't have that luxury.

I can't bring myself to spend 85k for a CS but I still appreciate that it exist and look forward to the reviews. I feel at this juncture, I'm going to hold out and see what they toss in with final model year of the M2C to upgrade.

Hopefully, I could possible snag one with Adaptive Suspension and a sunroof for 60k OTD when the model sunsets. That's would be divine and would leave me with no regrets.
You say it's animosity because the price is out of reach. Then you say it's consumers voting with their wallet which is it?

Voting with your wallet implies it could be purchased.
It was a general statement on how the free market operates, not directed or matter to an outlier vehicle that no would even have the opportunity to purchase.

Don't lose any sleep over it.
Appreciate 0