View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #84
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
You guys are taking this thread a different direction.

Altho, for my $0.02, I wouldn’t switch to an M2C. The looks, sound, and interior of the M2 is much more pleasing (and classic, IMO). Plus, I’d have to do all the same mods to suspension and braking to make an M2C on par with my M2.

Sure, you can tune the S55 to put down great numbers on the dyno and street, but the S55 runs into heat issues on track, as well—if you’re really pushing it.

I’m still waiting to see someone with a lot of track experience post up some times in the M2C that shows it’s measurably quicker and can last 45min on track with the added power. Even if it were, I’d still keep my ride.

Case & point for me: for those of you that watched the on track BMW Safety Car display at the beginning of the rain delayed Czech MotoGP race, the best exhaust note by far was the OG M2 Safety Car.

I love my car as well....and I'm certainly not trying to turn this into a sibling rivalry as these normally do.

I am legitimately excited for the results and would love to see the process posted here.

But I know I'm not the only one who's sat down and looked at the cost of certain upgrade paths vs trading in. We all know these cars are very finicky and we see first hand what it takes/costs to get major upgraded performance out of them. Case in point, some of the struggles in various threads either regarding heat/octane or both.

Perhaps it would be best to start with something that's a bit more track worthy 'out the box' and build from there.

.....I guess this is just the internal debate/struggle I've been having with myself as of late lol.

Again, not bashing fellas, just a legitimate concern/thought I wanted to share.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50