08-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #80
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Very nice, should be a blast!

Since you’re already committed to a bigger HPFP & PS2, my recommendation would be to hold off on the WMI until you get the car dyno tuned on an E30-45 mix and get some logs at the track. It’ll take some dialing in with that combo and it’ll be good to have a base dataset to work with before you throw another variable in the mix.

Then, you can add the WMI to see the impact on that setup. And then also try WMI with a 93 octane dyno tune to see if that’s more convenient than ethanol. And lastly, a dyno tune with both E40+ and WMI.

Lots of experimenting in your future, but should be fun. I’m curious to hear how much more lag the PS2 gives you around town in rush hour traffic, and the final combo that you go with for the track bc I may need to go that route to stay on top at my annual track battle.
Yeah definitely think there will be quite a bit of experimenting to figure out what all works best. Going to be interesting to see how much power it makes in the heat. Ought to be pretty rowdy when it gets cooler too. You still seeing ok power running ethanol with the higher temps is what prompted me on the hpfp. Kind of a waste of money for a track day if you can't get close to full power. And then it wouldn't make sense to not take advantage of the higher flow and the leave the turbo stock. So basically by my calculations this saves me money. Not sure if my wife believes me.

Turbo lag - ugh - hopefully its not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Stay tuned for a thread about this coming from me at some point today...
Well hello there, lets see what you got!
Appreciate 1
ZM22785.00