View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #77
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I ran with a GT350 back when my car was relatively stock, and the same thing happened to me--passed on the straight, catch and pass in the corners. They do sound great when they pass you, tho!

You need BM3's Stg 2 E30 tune to take advantage of the E30. I have a Stage 2H E30 tune (higher boost) from Halim to take advantage of my Dinan turbo. Halim mentioned he has some updates coming to the M2 OTS maps soon, so they're always improving the maps.

You can also mount your phone to the windshield, and get a BM3 OBD/Wifi agent from eBay so you can watch and set alarms for IATs, coolant and oil temps, knock, and other variables. It also makes it easy to start/stop logging while at the track. I also run M Laptimer while doing this.

As for the E30, the first thing I use is this to find stations: https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethano...arest?fuel=E85
They have phone apps, as well.

Second thing I use to manage my mixes is this: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/calculate85/id1246394696
There's a few navigation bugs, but it makes calc'ing, adjusting, and tracking the E mix in your tank much easier.

I run an Ethanol mix all the time. You can get away with E30 when IATs are consistently above 105F--that's generally just at the track.

I've had to drop to E27 for around town when I'm just cruising and IATs are lower. The car will want to push more fuel with lower IAT and the E30 will crash the HPFP.

When I did my trip to SC/GA for an open track day, I used both apps to plan my stops to find ethanol and manage my mix. That ended up being pretty impt b/c evening temps dropped into the 60s, and I had to drop my E mix to E23. The Stage 2H E30 map did fine in my case even with that low of an E mix, but this is why I want to try the B48/58 HPFP mod.
Yeah even with the stg 2 race gas tune, downpipe, all that good stuff the GT350 just still walked out of my life. My E92 M3 at close to stock power and full weight pulls pretty even with them. Would think the M2 at this level would do the same when can keep it at full power. Both run away from them in the corners like you said. Strangely I have found the GT350 to be the most under driven common track car in this area though - it's very strange.

I apparently had a moment of weakness the other night. Sounds like I have an xdi hpfp & pure stg 2 turbo inbound. Still going forward with the WMI & IC swap as well. Hopefully this keeps everything happy. PI would be the next step with a bigger tank. Also got the PR coils coming as well. Going to see how much ethanol I can go with on this combo at the track. Hopefully can find a consistent happy place that doesn't take too much fiddling with. Not sure if it will all make it on the car by the end of the month though for COTA.

Going to take a look at the wifi device. Took the laptop for a spin last time
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50