View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #76
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Yeah even with 100 you have no power once the IATs are up there. Like you gotta work hard just to try to break sticky tires loose level of no power. Interesting that with e30 you still have some power at those temps. Buddy in his gt350 just whomped all over me down the long back straight at cota - it was pretty comical. Still was lapping at least 6 secs faster than him but it was hilarious how much more power he had. GT350s shouldn’t do that to this car.

What have you done to run the E30? Is it just a matter of the tune? Thinking I maybe ought not be so lazy and just mix up some for track days. It’s not close but I know where to find some. So when you are running E30 do you just run the tank low and then fill up with 93 and swap tunes to go back?
I ran with a GT350 back when my car was relatively stock, and the same thing happened to me--passed on the straight, catch and pass in the corners. They do sound great when they pass you, tho!

You need BM3's Stg 2 E30 tune to take advantage of the E30. I have a Stage 2H E30 tune (higher boost) from Halim to take advantage of my Dinan turbo. Halim mentioned he has some updates coming to the M2 OTS maps soon, so they're always improving the maps.

You can also mount your phone to the windshield, and get a BM3 OBD/Wifi agent from eBay so you can watch and set alarms for IATs, coolant and oil temps, knock, and other variables. It also makes it easy to start/stop logging while at the track. I also run M Laptimer while doing this.

As for the E30, the first thing I use is this to find stations: https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethano...arest?fuel=E85
They have phone apps, as well.

Second thing I use to manage my mixes is this: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/calculate85/id1246394696
There's a few navigation bugs, but it makes calc'ing, adjusting, and tracking the E mix in your tank much easier.

I run an Ethanol mix all the time. You can get away with E30 when IATs are consistently above 105F--that's generally just at the track.

I've had to drop to E27 for around town when I'm just cruising and IATs are lower. The car will want to push more fuel with lower IAT and the E30 will crash the HPFP.

When I did my trip to SC/GA for an open track day, I used both apps to plan my stops to find ethanol and manage my mix. That ended up being pretty impt b/c evening temps dropped into the 60s, and I had to drop my E mix to E23. The Stage 2H E30 map did fine in my case even with that low of an E mix, but this is why I want to try the B48/58 HPFP mod.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50