FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Thanks.

What’s the frontal footprint difference between these two? Because it sounds like the large ICs may be blocking air to the radiator, would the Wagner or ATM be better in this regard?

Does the ATM have additional pressure drop or lag vs the Wagner?
The Wagner core is 520 x 215mm (111800mm^2) and the ATM is 510 x 240mm (121890mm^2) per the mfgs, so the frontal core area on the ATM is 9% greater than the Wagner.

The Wagner seems to have less internal volume than the ATM, however the ATM has rounded header bars inside the end tanks to smooth out flow. On the track I didn't notice any difference. I did notice a small difference in daily driving, specifically when accelerating from a stop where the turbo drive is very low (since rpms are low). There was just a hint more lag with the ATM, but it was nowhere near as bad as another IC I tried where you'd try to accelerate, get very little, and then have a surge of power come on once the system pressurized. Not smooth or fun.

Here's a good post outlining the internal (also would apply to external) header bar shape and flow. ATM was the OEM/ODM for Helix. The Wagner Evo Comp 2 core inlet looks very similar to the tube/fin inlet in that example.

On the track, the ATM gave me an average of 3mph higher top speed over the Wagner on the front straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaim View Post
That FMIC looks similar to the Wagner EVO 2 Performance, although there are some core differences. The end tanks are definitely modeled after Wagner.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 08-17-2018 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
ZM22809.00
AmuroRay2243.50