12-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #12
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
I still don't understand the bms clutch stop. It's just a quarter in further for the pedal and as someone who drives stick for 6 years it can't be that bad.
Probably closer to 3/4 inch, while not sounding like a lot, it is definitely noticeable when driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I personally don't have one because I don't want to give BMW any reason to try to blame me for clutch wear. I wouldn't want the stop to prevent the pedal from going down enough to fully pull the clutch away from the flywheel.

Also, I have no problem with the stock clutch feel, I love it compared to my old Audi, so I haven't screwed with it because it feels fine to me... even for $10. Change for change's sake makes no sense.
Valid concern, as I had same thoughts early on. Checked here, plus bimmerfest forums. This clutch stop has been used for years by BMW drivers and I couldn't find an issue of abnormal clutch wear on either forum. Check post #97 below.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1260588&page=5

I agree with your concerns, if you're happy with the clutch feel, don't bother changing it. And yes, a BMW dealer could possibly use it as a reason to deny a claim. My 370Z pedal throw is noticeably shorter (even with the clutch stop on the M2) and picks up about the same (as the M2 with clutch stop) from the floor, so definitely a keeper for me.

Back on topic, I use the tray insert for my sunglasses all the time with the exception of valet parking. Hidden drop down tray on the lower left of steering wheel works fine for that.
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr271.00