View Single Post
      09-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #145
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
I sent him email with the link to the production schedule listed on this site somewhere. Here is his response:

"I think what needs to be realized is that bimmerpost, any forum, or any other online source are only rumors and speculation – they rely on leaks and it’s simply just not official BMW info. This type of information (your link) is indeed privileged information meant to be between only manufacturer and dealer. I cannot share that info because frankly it’s just not worth the risk: it’s not worth it to me to be possibly punished by BMW and/or my dealership. I would love to have you buy an M2 from me – hell I would very likely want one myself (probably need 4 door though…) – so please believe that if I were able to take an order from you on an M2 I absolutely would!

BMW’s online dealer portal is called “DCSnet” and “CenterNet”… I wasn’t sure if I knew where to find the production schedule there, but I did find MY16 schedule. The document I can see is different than the document you linked me to. I would suspect that either a CA dealer has different info than we do, or that someone just made it up. It’s a simple excel document, someone with nothing better to do could easily see this and add a “F87 M2” line. The schedule I'm looking at has no M2 listed. I'm sure this document also would look the same for European and US dealers so who knows where it could have came from.

I’m not saying bimmerpost has false info, but I can only go by what info my manager tells me and what info I myself can find on DCSnet/CenterNet. So as far as I can see, the M2 does not exist! But like I said if we see any changes or announcements or documents I’ll let you know!"

Classic BMW & MINI
Name:  Magritte.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  53.4 KB