View Single Post
      09-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #141
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

They're not idiots. As far as BMW goes, there has been no public aknowledgement of the M2 whatsoever, and to my knowledge, the car hasn't been presented to dealers yet by BMW.

Of course everybody knows that it's coming – some dealers or importers in some countries might even already have some information and HEA order sheets, but that's still all internal stuff.

That's not to say BMW hasn't already cranked up the hype machine. I mean driving a fleet of M2s through the center of San Francisco is technically testing, but I'm pretty sure there are less conspicuous routes to take. BMW want's the enthusiasts to know that something is coming, but that's all. There has been no official word yet and any dealer who claims they haven't heard about an M2 is probably right.

BMW only gives their dealers the information they need at a given point in time, since they know that everything that is communicated to dealer will eventually end up on places like Bimmerpost.

And to quote my dealer: "The internet communities are usually much better informed than we are."

Those dealers that already make lists for the M2 CSL? I'd bet they don't even know if that car will even exist. But there's nothing to lose for them by taking reservations, so many dealers will be glad to write you name down. After all, it's a potential high-margin sale.

Last edited by sth519; 09-10-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0