View Single Post
      05-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #11
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post

• Can or will all of the M performance parts be installed by the dealer? Cough, including the roof, cough...

BL: All aftersales parts are being installed at the dealer. Every single part!!!! The dealers will be handed extensive manuals on how to deal with it. The installation will be done as we have seen before in videos online. The window screens are removed, the welds are being drilled and the new roof is put into place. The dealer will have to do it. If they don’t want to do it, it means you should go to another dealer who does want to do it. For the U.S. market it means that all parts are either fitted at the port on new cars, or at the dealer when you have a 2nd hand M2C, M2 (LCI), M240i, or a normal 2-Series Coupe.

MR

So M-perf parts are all installed at the dealer (or at the port), even the roof. Even appears the dealer will be painting the hoods? Knowing quality of service at dealers vary, I feel like this opens BMW up to some potentially unwanted quality control issues. I would definitely opt for the port but this does mean those who want to get an M2c early can opt to add something like a CF roof later. What about ED? Would parts be installed at the factory if you're picking it up there?
Appreciate 1