Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz View Post
OP you have done a good job of summing up the issues with the G87 vs F87.
And an F87 CS solves the suspension and performance difference. Just sayin ��
The CS won't perform anywhere near the G87. Just look at how G82 performs compared to F82 CS. On paper the numbers might look similar but in reality the G destroys it. The traction control systems are completely new and higher sampling rate. The engine even more underrated. The Sachs EDC in F87 CS is old tech ca. 2014 carried from F80; the new dampers and controller are much better.

The ring time might look similar but once you put Cup 2 on the G87 vs PS4S it's going to beat it by at least 10 if not 20 seconds.

I'm not going to say it's a better car in all facets, but even the base G87 is going to be another level of performance than all F87s.
The G87's specs are mouth-watering, it exceeds in every avenue, hence the only reason you don't hear anyone really bitching about the projected MSRP but my guess is the sticker is going to be a cool 62k so it looks good in all the Ads and reviews but another 3k will be added for the packages that make the vehicle a rounded M car. So you're spending 65k plus dest. For the vehicle, one way or the other, unless you live with regrets in a base model.

With the specs checking all the boxes and then some, the main issue lies with questionable design language but slowly it will become complacent and accepted. I'm hoping now the LCI might brings by a more constraint rear bumper - one can dream.

Worst case, we'll see the Z4 with a B58 and manual becomes a viable option,I might then just reconsider this vehicle. The Z4 with manual will be like an ultra modern Honda S2000, with a BMW flair, enhance handling and stability, a car that more than likely give the M2 model a run for its money, with all the cross-shoppers like myself.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN20597.00