View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Except that anyone can easily get a modestly used non-GT Porsche in the 50-80k price range at any time and yet thousands of run-of-the-mill M2s/M3s/M4s sell every year. Let's face reality, 911s and Caymans just don’t offer anything close to the practicality of ///Ms. In addition, not everyone wants someone else’s leftovers. I really don't get the BP members who seems to always talk about how Porsches are better. They're easy to find and secure at a very affordable price point, so put your money where your mouth is and just go buy one. I've owned many of them and they are great, but the pcar Kool-Aid hasn't blinded me as to what is uniquely special about ///Ms.
Had a GT3 for 2+ years....loved it driving it everywhere BUT the city - so I agree with you that the BMW Ms are more versatile for real-world driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansomatic View Post
I agree with him. I'm a Porsche guy. BMW pulled me to the dark side with the M2C - which looks great sitting next to my R1200GSA. The trick, now, is for BMW to keep me. If the M2CSL offers 911C2S performance for less money, they'll succeed.
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the GT4 to drop in price
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgm3 View Post
Sorry... got issue with my smartphone connection. Here are more details on the car :
- 450 hp
- manual gear box, DKG optional
- 4 paints only : Alpine White,Misano Blue,Hockenheim Silver and Saphire Black
- Apparently no claim by BMW of any weight saving
Should definitely be a great car but the base price is high (95 K Euro in Belgium) considering that it is mainly M performance and M4 competition bit and pieces added. Does not really feel unique.
If the car is 6 figures in the US, JUST LOL

DKG = DCT?
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50