View Single Post
      03-31-2018, 03:29 AM   #21
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Think it's approriate to start a new thread sharing some dyno results of mine and my friends'.

My car is a Euro Spec M2 MY2017 on FBO plus STG1 turbo on 98RON (93AKI), custom tuned by ProTuning Freak.
No meth, No PI, No ethanol. See more on my build link below.
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1416389

All runs are on same day and same dyno. Numbers are corrected to STD Smoothing 5, to the liking of US guys here. As it's a cool day (ambient temp 50F, humidity 50%), heat soak isn't our problem. BTW, the uncorrected numbers would even be a bit higher, due to negative correction factor (cool ambient temp).

I'm running a progressive boost map. Not until 4000rpm do I apply more load than a typical N55 EWG OTS tune that nowadays could be found just everywhere and that goes flat out with boost surge at down low. My map starts to really shine from 4k5 up, pushing as hard as fuelling and octane allow and holding aggressiveness to redline, which is well reflected with a flat torque curve and a power peak at 6200~6300rpm - not your average N55 EWG tunes that stop making more from 5500.

Truth is, with a proper baseline, breaking 400whp is right next to impossible for a stock turbo N55 on pump gas. There is only so much you can do tuning around fueling and octane limit.

My baselines are as following:
1) M2 bone stock - 340whp
2) M4 ZCP bone stock - 396whp
3) The N55 1/4 mile record breaking (11.11@125mph) 335xi PWG PS2+Meth - 460whp, it holds 25psi and 10+ignition as log shows. Everyone else on here of similar setup pushing 25psi would definitely show you 500+whp. Too much hype on forum.

Let the pictures speak then
Very nice power delivery!

Do you think there are similar results possible (on a lower power level of course) without a turbo upgrade?

99% of all the tunes are losing power up top from 5500 rpm on to redline. I am looking for a tune which makes peak power up top at 6000-6500, but cant find any (except maybe active autowerke, but not sure about their dynochart).

My car is FBO as well. Fuelling won't be an issue since here in europe we got the good stuff.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0