08-07-2023, 11:10 PM   #5
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
You should never fit spacers after installing a suspension until you check for rubbing.

Secondly, you are not really at BMW's 595/600 ride height spec because your tires are taller than the tires BMW recommend for that height. They measure from the bottom of the wheel rim to the top of the wheel arch, which means your taller tires have necessarily less clearance (2.5mm front, 3.5mm rear) It's not a lot, but all the little millimeters add up.

Lastly, check which EXACT tires are you running. In those sizes the PS4S comes in 3 different versions...all with different tread widths (see chart), and this will absolutely make the difference in rubbing.
Yea I was at 2-3 mm lower before I got the new tires, hence I figured I should raise just a bit to match. I did have similar rubbing in the fronts back then, no rubbing in rear, so it makes perfect sense. I got the Non-star (96Y) which I think is 8.9F/ 9.8R treadwidth.

I guess easiest way would be to remove the spacers, but they just look so good! Any alternatives??