View Single Post
      08-07-2023, 02:02 AM   #1
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Rubbing after coilovers, spacers, wider tires- Need advice!

Well not surprisingly, I have some rubbing issues with my current setup:

KWV3's dropped to 595, 600mm, 10mm spacers all around, Michelin PS4S's in 255/35/19, 275/35/19

I've already fixed the inner fender liners for full lock turns, as well as some other plastic protrusions in the inner liner, but I still have some rubbing on the fender-bumper connection tab Front AND Rear. They happen on small bumps 30+mph and on dips on freeways 70+mph, and I am starting to get worried since it is rubbing on the tire sidewall, especially since I look to take it to a track day or autocross this year.

I've tried 5mm spacers instead- it lessened the problem, but still rubbed on harsh dips. I know the PS4S's tire edge is more square, and of course wider tires don't help, but what are other possible solutions?

Thought about camber plates (Currently -1.6 F -1.9R) will an additional 0.5~1 degree increase in negative camber fix this even? Also would like to minimize NVH as this is a daily.

Do people still sand down this fender-bumper tab? Is it OK for the F87? (The tab doesn't seem as prominent as older BMW's)

Need your advice!!