View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #25
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Wow, so I was wondering how long it'd take for this road trip to make the homepage...didn't expect 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Cars, food & beverages and road trip sceneries: the kind of thread that also the late Dackelone used to love.

When seeing your pictures featuring fluffy clouds - Rickie Lee Jones on the skies in the South West:
"Q: What were the skies like when you were young?
A: They went on forever and they, when I, we lived in Arizona
And the skies always had little fluffy clouds in them and, er.
They were long and clear and
There were lots of stars at night
And, er, when it would rain it would all turn, it, they were beautiful
The most beautiful skies, as a matter of fact
Uh, the sunsets were
Purple and red and yellow and on fire
And the clouds would catch the colors everywhere
That's unique/neat, 'cause I used to look at them all the time when I was little
You don't see that
You might still see that in the desert
Q: The skies in the South West are spectacular
A: Yeah"

The landscape makes the sky and the sky makes the landscape. The American West and Southwest have both in supplies not available anywhere I've been...and that's a decent few places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
Looks great in photos! Safe travels!
Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bngcruiser View Post
What a trip .. its posts and stories like these that drive me crazy knowing I only have 10 days of vacation with a million weddings next year.

Idk if I will get to experience a trip like this in my M2, but what great inspiration it is to read about aiming for two lane roads and the such. The Mountain West of the USA is amazing.
I work for a bank! 11 federal holidays, several floaters, 4 weeks vacation and I buy a week pretax on top of that. I could probably make more money elsewhere. I can't make more life though. At least not more of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Man, excellent summary of your trip! Nothing like a road trip through this beautiful country, especially in a machine like the M2C.
Nothing like the pops and bangs coming out the back of an M2C to break up the peaceful morning serenity of Yellowstone's Lamar Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
Cool stuff! Ouray is a great little town, and Red Mountain Pass is legendary.
Yes...I couldn't stay, but I drove through the morning of 4th of July...looked like the place for a proper 4th of July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Phenomenal trip, F8SEVEN. Thanks for sharing and inspiration!

Does your vehicle have summer or all season tires? I always wanted to take a similar tip but the summer tires on my vehicle allow scheduling only during the summer.
Summers...the stock tires. This trip was actually in the first week of July.
Appreciate 0