09-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #12
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
I don't disagree but I've been reaching out to them for months. Mid August it was "30-45 days" now it's "no ETA", it's frustrating. Coupled with their less than stellar reputation it really makes me want to chalk them up as vaporware and go with another vendor who doesn't seem to be dragging their feet.
Yeah I've been waiting since 2018 so over a year now and no results.

Sure they have a pretty iffy reputation but that particularily came from their GC n54 turbos where they used Chinese CHRA's which often failed. Their compressor and turbine blades seemed to be decent quality as they're cnc'ed machined in house out of aluminum, and their cast housings also Chinese sourced for the n54 but modified to their specs seemed to be ok as well. So in the case of the N55 where they're using genuine Garrett CHRA's the turbo should be fine and reliable. The compressor and turbine blades are made by them, and I think the housing was casted over seas (based on other forum discussion) but all these components that are moving tend to be reliable. So overall there shouldnt be too much issue with their GC option for the n55 compared to their option for the n54.

If you really wanted a top notch turbo it would have to be Borg Warner and their EFR series since they put so much engineering and quality materials into their turbos that it makes them (imo) second to none. They legitimately can be called the best turbo available, and that is evidently reflected in their hefty price.

Anyways if you're in a hurry to get a turbo kit and want to push over 600whp speedtech sells a 9,000 series EFR that should be able to flow enough for 1,000whp. Or their 8374 which should be able to hit 700whp.
M2OG400.00