Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
How does that work then?

Xpel spend a small fortune plotting kits for high end cars. Why bother when you can let someone loose on your car with a roll and a craft knife! what could go wrong? oh yeh.. the above!
There are other brands besides XPEL. They are all good. It's like comparing a store bought shirt or suit to one that is custom measured and fitted. They are not the same.

Think about this for a moment. If I have a company and invest in plotting cars, then require potential installers to go to my training, then sell them product, plotters, etc. Can I grow my market through my large base of "certified" installers.

First they do not CUT the film. They score the film. Think drywall. When they can they lift the film away from the car then score it.

Second PPF is much thicker than vinyl. People should be more worried about cuts when wrapping a car than when installing PPF. Though in either case you want someone who knows what they are doing.

This is paraphrased, if you truly believe that the installer is not "cutting" on the film plotted or not your kidding yourself"

BTW, you're worried about a razor. I watched the guy use a blow torch to dry the water under the film on my car. I asked about heat guns and he explained why he didn't use them for this particular scenario. Think about the level of trust that required!

Last edited by omasou; 06-23-2019 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0