View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #72
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

In my M3, I had a few things that I personally thought would improve my driving experience. The shifter position and the arm rest. Even with the stock shifter, it was low enough for my elbow to hit on the arm rest every time. Same rules apply for the M2C, in fact it's worse IMO. On the M3, I opted for a CAE shifter and absolutely loved it. Only down side was that it had a reverse lock out and I had trim the console and below is a pic for reference.

So in the past month, I started looking at what options were out there. Obvious and first choice was CAE because it was incredible. However I did see another viable option from PSDesigns. I reached out to Pete, we chatted and I thought why not. Reasons why I pulled the trigger on PSDesigns is because no reverse lock out and no trimming required. Below are a few pics of install.

They have a couple of options to choose from by my choice was the following:
  • 300mm
  • Black
  • Optional Carbon Fiber Sleeve
  • Black Knob

Overall the install was much like the CAE on my M3. I did have questions and was able to connect with Pete quite easily. His customer service is quite fantastic. The quality of the product itself great, no complaints or issues. absolutely no trimming or issues during install. It's literally a plug n play shifter.

The shifts are quite direct and extremely short. I don't miss the stock shifter in the least bit. I'm happy I tried this out because I believe it's one of the first installs in the US and specifically one on the M2 platform.

Now...I will admit that I won't be keeping it long term. I will be receiving my CAE shifter at some point as I ordered one over the weekend. I knew all along I was going to get a CAE setup again, just happened to come across this one to try out. Happy I did and happy to review that it's pretty darn good.

Last edited by ebisu8; 11-29-2021 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
//steve\\1074.00