View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #6
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I’m putting that 71R setup on my car next week. Will try to get some pics.

The 295/35/19 R7 won’t fit in the rear. Too tall. I ran 265/35 & 295/30.

The new Apex EC-7s have the offsets you want, but they won’t be out until later this year. I’ve been running VMR V710FF 9.5 ET33 with spacer & 10.5 ET45 for a year for staggered setups like this.
Appreciate the heads up on the 295/35s and the apex offsets. No rubbing with that setup you’ve been running then? I’ll check out that link too, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
Hey man,

I’ve also got an 18 LCI and modded it for moderate track use (5-10 days a season). I’m also running a tune so had the same considerations re wheel and tire choice.

My setup;

-Active Autowerke track tune, FMIC, turbo-back signature exhaust & charge pipe.
-Apex 9.5inch ET35 square setup wearing 265/35/18 RE71’s (10/12mm FR spacers)
-Ohlins R&T, Vorshlag camber plates (-2.9), PFC08 pads, Motul fluid
-Interior: M Performance shift knob (love this)

Overall, I’m very happy with the grip of the square 18’s - I prefer the better turn in with square setup even though I suspect the car might be slightly quicker with a staggered setup and more rubber in the rear. I could have run square 275’s but many track rats and techs smarter and more experienced than me were adamant it wouldn’t actually translate to more surface contact and grip.

The Ohlins are absolutely epic but I would spec the GC plates if I had the chance again. The metal on metal spherical bearings in the Vorshlags are too loud on the street for my liking (great performance though).

Brakes: if you are fast and experienced you will want the BBK. I will upgrade to them at some point. For now, the upgraded pads and fluid are doing a good enough job.

Re your wheel tire choice I think it mainly comes down to budget and size availability. If you are cool to cop the extra cost of a staggered 19 setup, that’ll look and go great. For me, I like the fact I can rotate my 18s and have a wide choice of tire (including Hankook RS4’s which I intend to try after my RE71’s are cooked).

Good luck. OG M2 on track is a beast, especially if it’s in Mineral Grey
Ha yeah mineral grey would normally have been my go to - but got a little crazy this time and went with the edgy choice - alpine white My E92 is space grey if that counts for anything.

Good to hear on the ohlins. Sound like a solid choice for dual purpose. What spring rates did you go with?

PFC is definitely solid - I’m going straight to the Essex AP Racing kit. Run them on my M3 and they have been fantastic. No fade, consistent great braking, and bonus mass reduction. When you make the move definitely consider them. Definitely worth the price tag.

Going to try to resist adding power for a bit, will see how long that lasts... Car at least has the MPE already so have a little sound to start out with.

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
ZM22813.50