View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Hey man,

I’ve also got an 18 LCI and modded it for moderate track use (5-10 days a season). I’m also running a tune so had the same considerations re wheel and tire choice.

My setup;

-Active Autowerke track tune, FMIC, turbo-back signature exhaust & charge pipe.
-Apex 9.5inch ET35 square setup wearing 265/35/18 RE71’s (10/12mm FR spacers)
-Ohlins R&T, Vorshlag camber plates (-2.9), PFC08 pads, Motul fluid
-Interior: M Performance shift knob (love this)

Overall, I’m very happy with the grip of the square 18’s - I prefer the better turn in with square setup even though I suspect the car might be slightly quicker with a staggered setup and more rubber in the rear. I could have run square 275’s but many track rats and techs smarter and more experienced than me were adamant it wouldn’t actually translate to more surface contact and grip.

The Ohlins are absolutely epic but I would spec the GC plates if I had the chance again. The metal on metal spherical bearings in the Vorshlags are too loud on the street for my liking (great performance though).

Brakes: if you are fast and experienced you will want the BBK. I will upgrade to them at some point. For now, the upgraded pads and fluid are doing a good enough job.

Re your wheel tire choice I think it mainly comes down to budget and size availability. If you are cool to cop the extra cost of a staggered 19 setup, that’ll look and go great. For me, I like the fact I can rotate my 18s and have a wide choice of tire (including Hankook RS4’s which I intend to try after my RE71’s are cooked).

Good luck. OG M2 on track is a beast, especially if it’s in Mineral Grey
Appreciate 3
OG Shark4692.50
pal433.00