Rep
Drives: Volvo S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiparock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiparock View Post
Imo, my 18 lbb manual will be worth 25k in 5 years and a 19 comp only slightly more, as long as miles are under 60k
But the 19 Comp owner will have been driving what has been reviewed to be a better car. So, in terms of enjoyment/experience to ownership cost, 2019 owners may be ahead of 2018s.
Awesome. I can't wait to get my butt kicked by a comp at the track too.
Well if that is your do focus, you can likely tune your car etc.

The thread is about pricing. I just personally think that you will have 2 cars which are very similar, and one has an S motor and the other doesn't. If it was the same motor and a better suspension, or diff, then I would agree with your assessment.

Caveat - I put my money where my mouth is. I had an M2 lined up for ED in April this year, and I even went to Munich for my vacation and rented a car with my friends. I canceled the plan to use my M2 once the 2019 rumors were out late last year. And now in September, I'm making a separate quick trip to pick up my 2019 M2 at additional cost and inconvenience. I think it's worth it, and will not end up costing me that much given total cost of ownership of 2019 vs 2018. Add in any additional enjoyment (real or otherwise), and I THINK for me, I will be ahead. Naturally, I can't predict the future. But just my best guess right now given everything I know and have read.

Last edited by mbchris; 08-19-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0