12-09-2022, 06:28 PM   #21
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'll jump in as I'm in a similar boat. I've got a touch more camber. Running cup 2 tires, SRF fluid, and stock pads.

Definitely get the fluid changed. I'd find out what other cars like yours are running at your "home" track. Get some seat time under your belt until you are approaching the generic benchmark sr by others with similar equipment. The stock m performance pads are a lot more capable than folks give them credit. They fall off predictably with heat and have a stable floor.

Make sure to ride with others and check out different lines.
You may find that your more comfortable and quicker on one "right" line ves another. Once consistently running right at your PB I'd say it's time to upgrade pads to a full track pad. You'll want to see how much time is gained by just one variable at a time. Wash rinse repeat, and start looking at adding camber.

Edit: Novice group. I also want to get a hans for safety. Planning to get an electric impact for changing pads myself.
HANS is on my list but man they're expensive for the hybrid version. That's the only version you can run in the C/CS since you can't run a full harness on the stock seats and regular HANS.
Appreciate 0