View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #1095
//M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I think people overthink sometimes.

BMW has said for years manuals in M cars will be dictated by take rates. Manual takerate in the US for the M2 has been 54%. Competition is getting a manual, Artemis also confirmed it above but still this was pretty obvious.

No way the M2 comp is coming up to M3 base price level, BMW has made it pretty clear by not offering adaptive suspension on the comp (None of the prepro mules have it). And leaving us with the basic interior leather it seems and no carbon cermanic's. They are still spacing it from the M3/M4 which means it will come in at the most 61k base price, the only thing I'm curious about is how much they are going to charge us for the brakes and seats.

Also I think they want to retire the N55 due to emissions and maybe something to do with the reason the M3/4 lost it Carbon driveshaft, BMW needs to add a particulate filter to the exhaust on cars moving forward for EU regs. So maybe they didn't want to spend the money developing a filter to work on the last reminant of their last generation engine architecture. Just a random thought.
Appreciate 3
Chako105.00
filet.M2c784.00