V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi Who?,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
my cars coded, reckon they'll give me grief when I go in for the instrument cluster update?
Mine was coded prior to having the recall applied - I saw the cluster update as an opportunity to code the car and then if that stuffed anything up (it didn't), the Cluster Firmware Update would set everything back to normal.

What is interesting is what did/didn't reset back to the "as shipped" state as part of the Cluster Firmware (its actually the entire firmware for the car - it gets a complete update). For example, I noticed that the seatbelt warning stuff I'd turned off didn't come back and neither did ASD (i.e. my Bimmercoding survived the firmware update) ... but the folding mirrors, reversing camera behaviour and stupid legal notice were erased/overwritten. Easy enough to fix again

Hi David.m,
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
After reading your post I went back & re-checked, my recall is for the LCI dash software update, I was fooled by all the Takata airbag references on the BMW webpage (& probably too lazy to use google translate when I first checked last night).
Phew! I couldn't believe that BMW were still fitting faulty Takata airbags to new builds! It's a relief to know that's not the case, so thanks for letting everyone know

BTW, when you take your car in, you might want to instruct them to load the latest BMW maps onto the car. May as well have the dealer do the hard work!

Last edited by V.Smurf; 03-27-2018 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 1
Who?484.50