View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #110
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnigle View Post
Wheels arrived. I test fitted them today.

9.5/10.5 with 265/295 r888r.

Suspension is m performance coilovers (not the recommended BMW heights because they're corner balanced), modified tckline camber plates. -3.2 degrees negative front camber.

The front tires touch the adjustable spring collar on the struts.

I have 12mm Apex spacers, and used those and now there's no rubbing. Hopefully will be enough to compensate for tire deflection on track. With the negative camber it doesn't look like the tires will rub the fenders under suspension compression.

Rears are close to fender edge but don't look like they'll rub the fenders under suspension compression. I tried 5mm spacers on the rear for fun, but the tires stick out beyond the fenders.

Thank you for your post, do you have any pictures to share? I just wanted a bit more information here if possible. What is the tire size up front that you are currently running on the car?

This 19x9.5 ET28 and 19x10.5 ET45 fitment is offered as a recommended fitment for the M2C. With the proper tire sizes, this is a great fit on cars fitted with the OEM suspension and many aftermarket suspensions that do not limit inner clearance more than OEM.

We do know that the M performance adjustable collars (manufactured by KW) are a bit bulkier than the OEM suspension up front and can cause clearance issues. For KW and the very similar M Performance suspension systems, we do recommend a small 5mm spacer up front to aid in clearance. As these systems do limit inner clearance on the F87 application.

We generally do not recommend a 12mm spacer on the 19x9.5" ET28 wheel up front as this is very aggressive and can cause issues with fender clearance. I believe that your current camber setting are aiding in clearance here, which makes the 12mm spacer up front possible. Did you have a chance to try the 5mm spacer up front for clearance?

We do know that the 19x10.5 ET45 with the 285/30-19 in the rear is a direct fit, per our fitment testing. So I am glad to hear that your fitment test confirms this, especially the bit about the 5mm test for fun!

- Max

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 09-03-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0