08-31-2019, 11:23 AM   #79
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Is that a German regulation just for the streets? Does that have any effect on you at the track?
I have only one set of wheels for the M2 and I go between winters and summers. Winters are required here between November and March. So since I have to wear a summer tire anyway might as well have a 200 rated semi slick.

We are renting a house here while on assignment and we have no garage. My wife's Golf came with winter tires and rims, so I store those in the small shed. A shop is storing my winters and summers in the off season.

I would love to run 255/285 combo, but on my registration the listed tire size is 245/265 and that's the only size any tire shop around here is willing to put on. It's quite restrictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
If the track happens to be the Nurburgring then often the street regulations apply, for Touristen fahrten it is considered a private toll road and street regulations strictly apply and many trackdays also require more "street-legal" set ups to lower insurance costs.
True. Most clubs around here will not allow you to wear slicks. 200 tread wear rated semi slicks are the most aggressive tires allowed. I've seen this rule with 2 different clubs now running at Nordschleife and Hockenheimring. And this is not Turistenfahren, it's private track days too.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0